Friday 5 June 2020

Week 8 Term 2 Reflection (2): My Personal Writing Journey!

Hey hey hey all you cool cats and kittens! Carol baskin here! with another subpar blog post! Today, I'm gonna share my personal writing. I wrote this writing a few days ago and I really like the direction it went in. I hope to make the reader FEEL the emotions! Well, you can have a look for yourself!

"My body starts violently shaking. My head is spinning with possibilities, and my breathing quickens. What do I do? I don’t know! My breathing is shallow and uncontrollable as tears stream down my face at never before seen speeds. I can’t even think, all I know is that this is bad and I need to escape this situation. I sob heavily.

I mumble an incoherent mess of words, something along the lines of “I’m so sorry..” My legs feel weak as I pace around the room. I try to distract myself by fumbling for something in my pocket, but there’s nothing in them. I feel like I’m going to die if I don’t find a resolution to the problem, but how can I find a resolution when I’m such a wreck?

I manage to sit down, but I’m still fidgeting with everything. I fidget with my pants, with my shirt, with the piece of paper in front of me. Nothing seems real, but at least I have my friends. My breath quickens as I imagine the possibilities. I place my head in my arms and sob slowly. I don’t know what I’m gonna do, and there’s still 30 minutes until I can go home.

My only escape is going home. But what if nobody’s there? I think up as many hypotheticals as possible as I refresh my chromebook over and over. My friends are worried, but I can’t tell them anything. Not yet. I’ll tell them one day, I swear. I look over at my clock, and I realise something terrible. It’s 12:52 already? How did time go so fast? How?

I stand up. My mind is racing, my body is shaking, my tears are streaming. I look back, and then I walk out of the door."

Sorry if its a bit too long. It's supposed to make the reader feel the fear and sadness that the main character feels. I really like it, because it's very descriptive and it describes the situation well. And you don't even find out what's plauging the main character's mind! I love this piece of writing.

Well, Carol Baskin signing off! Have a great morning!
Tiger King: Carole Baskin feels 'betrayed' by Netflix filmmakers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, and helpful comment! We appreciate the support!