Wednesday 3 June 2020

Week 8 Term 2 Reflection: The Rains of April




















This picture was taken on the 18th of april, 2020. This picture shows me at 5:50am standing infront of my window flashing a peace sign as the rain buckets down behind me. I had woken up an hour before and came downstairs to eat breakfast and finish off some work before online class started. I treaded lightly, as to not wake my dogs or my family, and I succeeded, but they would wake up anyway.

The rain grew heavier and heavier, and eventually the thunder and lightning started. It was very peaceful, and I relaxed in my soft beanbag on the floor. I decided I would take this photo to send to my school friends through google hangouts. I knew they weren't awake anway.

Suddenly, a massive lightning strike hit the house, making a very loud noise. I jumped in my seat and instinctvely ran upstairs with my chromebook to continue doing work in there. I found the second floor lights on and my mum's door open. She was cradling our cat, who was screeching loudly. I settled down into my temporary bed and continued on my work. That was a lovely night.

1 comment:

  1. I love a good storm where you cannot do anything but sit inside and read or relax on the couch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, and helpful comment! We appreciate the support!