Friday 6 March 2020

Week 5 Term 1 Reflection: Poetry & Getting Paid!

Hey hey hey! Welcome back to my blog! This week, we started using Banqer to motivate us to do good work! Banqer is a system where you can sign up your class to use virtual money as a currency! With this system, our teacher is letting us buy stuff like free time, music, and maybe pizza!

Now, onto the poetry. We've been doing this thing called our Poetry Anthology where we're writing poems in specific themes! Here is a Limerick and a Cinquain poem!

There once was a very old scribe
Who had a disgusting vibe
They took him away
Before he could say
“I’ll give you a very good bribe!”

And here's my Cinquain

Swan
Elegant, Calm
Glides across water
Beautiful in the morning
Bird

If you need help understanding, here are the links to the wikipedia pages for these poetry types! Thanks for coming to my blog, and I'll see you next time!
Limerick, Cinquain

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin!

    I look forward to hearing all about camp! Could you write a limerick or cinquain about camp? I really like your scribe limerick. Here's my attempt...

    There once was a kid called Martin
    who liked to go go-karting
    he wore a good hat
    so that when he went splat
    He didnt.... And then I got stuck.

    Can you finish this for me? Or improve it?

    I hope you and your whanau are coping with lockdown ok. Keep an eye on the Totara site for fun activities and recipes to break the boredom!

    Take care and talk soon
    Miss Panther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miss Panther! Thanks for the reply! I'm glad you liked my limerick about the scribe! I've checked out your limerick, and I'm definetly gonna include it into my next daily blog post! (I'm starting daily blog posts!) I'm coping well, and I'm excited to come back to school!

      Thanks, from Martin!

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, and helpful comment! We appreciate the support!