Thursday 27 February 2020

Week 4 Term 1: Sticks & Stones

Hey hey hey! Welcome back to my blog! This week, we've been reading this book called Sticks and Stones! It's about this girl in middle school named Elyse, who has this mysterious disease called CAV where all the words people say to describe her are imprinted on her skin!

Here is a small dose of my work.

"Journal: Sticks & Stones

Chapters 1 - 3 (25/2/20)
“Some people don’t think that one word can make a difference” In my opinion, this phrase is true. One singular word can make such a difference in someone’s life. Say, someone asked for the condition of their dog while they’re at the vet, and the vet says “Gone.” This one word can bring so much dread.

For example, recently, my brother left for University. It was very emotional, but it only really sank in when he said “Bye” as he was driving away. This was very emotional for me and my mum."

For this activity,we had to write a journal entry about how one word changed our lives. This is mine!


And this activity is about how the words imprint on her skin, where we had to write down words that were prevalent in the story! Thanks for coming along, and I'll see you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Martin! It is Adison from your school. This is an amazing blog post I have never seen anything this amazing. I love the way you described what is happening in the book! It felt like I was actually reading it... well I kinda am. Ka Pai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Adi! Thanks for the blog post! I'm glad that you enjoyed my blog post! I like the descriptive language in your post!

      Thanks, from Martin!

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, and helpful comment! We appreciate the support!